FEW YEARS AGO

Monday, March 26, 2012

CANDIES PHOTOGRAPHED IN WATER DROPS


Photographer Patrick Lindsay shot this beautiful photograph of gumballs seen through water drops. It’s similar to the MC Escher water drop photo we shared a while ago, but is much easier to create since the drops of water aren’t moving in this photo.

Here’s the setup Lindsay used:




The camera was a Canon Rebel XTi with a 100mm f/2.8 macro lens attached. He used a single Alienbee B800 for lighting along with a shoot-through umbrella. Here’s his secret on how he gets the water drops to collect into beads:
I used RainX to make the water bead up and to create the drops I use a spray bottle set to very fine mist and let the drops slowly get bigger with each spray until I reached the drops were the size I wanted.
Here’s another photo that features M&Ms:



Now that you know how to capture things in drops of water, go shoot some colorful photos!
(via My Modern Met)



I (RICK MILLER) want to add that I gave the bubble shots more color via IPHOTO. I put the shots in edit,
clicked enhance in quick fix then went to effects and BOOSTED (as you see fit)...that's it.


Oh, yes, please ref. my blog: http://comprehensivephotography.blogspot.com/2012/03/canon-ef-s-17-85mm-lens.html
on above equipment.



No comments:

Post a Comment