FEW YEARS AGO

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Buddhism: The Three Jewels - Photography By El-Branden Brazil


Visit my website at www.themystictraveller.com I am a Brit who has resided in Tokyo for nearly sixteen years. My travels across the globe have taken me to countries such as Egypt, Peru, Indonesia, Burma, Nepal, India, Bolivia, China, Laos, Canada, Vietnam, Malaysia, Korea, Cambodia, the whole of Western Europe, 26 states in the US and many other places. For me, travel is an education. I am fascinated by different cultures. I also enjoy trekking, having climbed in the Himalayas, Andes, Alps, the Rockies and Mount Fuji, as well as hiking in the Amazon and in the jungles of Asia. I am a freelance writer, artist and photographer. Examples of my work can be seen at my website: www.themystictraveller.com In 2010, I won three Honorable Mention Awards at the International Photography Awards. I also won in 2008. This year, I won the Weekender Japan's 40th Anniversary photography contest and the Asia Foundation 2010 competition. I currently have 73 photographs being exhibited in Berlin. The exhibition will then move to Potsdam. The money raised, will go to a library and school in Zanzibar. On October 16th, 2009, three of my Burma images were auctioned to raise money for Refugees International Japan. They succeeded in raising 160,000 yen (approx. $1600) for the charity. I continue to do volunteer work for RIJ. He is also the co-founder of Foreign Volunteers Japan, which was set-up to assist those affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. FVJ continues to do very important work and now has over 1600 members.

No comments:

Post a Comment